- any compound that contains water of crystallization
- supply water or liquid to in order to maintain a healthy balance; “the bicyclists must be hydrated frequently”
- become hydrated and combine with water
Your body is an amazing vessels that can naturally heal itself if given the opportunity. After a holiday weekend dedicated to celebration life, liberty, freedom, and more, how do you feel? Did you use the holiday to ‘let loose’ by indulging in chips, guacamole, BBQ, & many beers while being outside in the Cali sunshine? How is you body feeling today?
How do you get back on track and feel good again? You Hydrate. Drink water. Refuel your sanctuary and cleanse out the toxins you indulged in over the weekend. Our food supply has changed drastically and so many Americans load up on packaged, processed, and junk that does not satisfy our cells. I believe most of how American’s choose to live is with the ‘quick fix’ – drinking, partying, loading up on fats and animal products, consuming sugar and ingesting endless quantities to have some kind of satisfaction – whether that be a buzz, a high, a sweet taste delight, or a filing a void that people think is ‘hunger’. We load up, we eat, and we love to consume and do the ‘American’ thing of BBQing, eating, and consuming foods that internally just deteriorate our health and more importantly, inhibit your body to heal and perform optimally.
Recover from your weekend. Let yourself forgive and move forward. Make better choices now. Does that mean going to the gym every day, running five extra miles to burn those calories, or taking a torching yoga class to physically look good? Not quite. It’s funny how people believe we need to ‘work hard’ and ‘train’ in order to look good. It begins with your body, it starts with your soul and remembering that self care begins by being aware.
Hydrate. Purify your cells and internal organs with Nature’s greatest gift – Water!
Water makes up 71% of our planet and we are so blessed to have so many forms of water on the planet – lakes, rivers, oceans, streams, etc. I believe water is the most healing form of anything. How good does it feel when you jump in the Ocean? My body becomes alive and restored. The same thing happens inside your body – water cleanses and clears and helps your body upshift and heal so you can feel better. (Also why you often crave water when you wake up with a hangover). It’s a miracle elixir! Water is vital to access consciousness and liberate your cells and anything and everything that perhaps has gotten trapped inside. We need water. Our filtering systems are not the same, and much tap water is actually incredibly harmful to your health since it is full of nasty toxins, like Flouride, that actually harm your body. If you’re not yet consuming PURE water, make an effort to get the your local Water store and fill up. It’s worth the extra money and time and is critical for your health.
Water purifies because it carries the element hydrogen. Hydrogen is considered the hydrating element (h20), thus water is simply hydrogen with oxygen. Hydrogen is found throughout our body in the lymph, brain, lungs, liver, kidneys, spleen, pancreas, muscles, and more. It helps regulate the body’s temperature by moving oxygen through your system and moistens your lungs so you can breathe and cool your system down. Isn’t that amazing? Hence why breathing, yoga, and learning to tame your breath is so critical for health and wellness. Without hydrogen, and with shallow breathing, blood cannot optimally flow through your body and remove toxins and filter out waste. Breathing is essential to live. Water is essential for your body to continue to operate. Thus hydrogen, and water, aid in the process of digestion and elimination. If you are loading up on crap without anything pure and real, your body is going to feel it and become stagnant. That’s how disease forms. After a weekend of fun in the sun and more, please give back to your body – breathe and hydrate. Bring your body back to a balanced state with filtered pure water. Maybe even try on a day of fasting and only drinking water. You may be surprised how much more your body will love you when you relax, stop eating, working hard, and give it time to heal and come back to a vibrant state.
Signs of excess hydrogen – bloating, puffiness, swelling, puffy hands, stiff neck, low energy, usually constipated or does not eliminate daily.
Signs of hydrogen deficiency- similar to dehydration, irritated, inflammation, cramps, salty food cravings, dry or wrinkled skin, overly heated. Lack of hydrogen really messes up your internal machine and can result in affecting your brain to the point that your brain begins to shut down. This is why we need water to survive.
Often if you loose over 1% of your body weight while sweating, your body goes into dehydration mode, and if your body continues to loose water (about 9-12% of your body weight) you can die.
Best Moisture Containing & Water Based Foods:
Citrus, oranges, vegetable juices, apricots, asparagus, blackberries, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, celery juice, chard, cherries, pineapples, blueberries, prunes, sauerkraut, spinach, strawberries, swiss chard, tomatoes, turnips, watermelon…
- Buy yourself a nice glad waterbottle & keep it with you at your desk. Continue to drink water throughout your day and create deadlines for yourself (like drink my water bottle before 11am)
- Your body needs WATER, not FOOD first thing. Keep a glass of water by your bed and drink it first thing when you wake up. Continue to hydrate in the AM with lemons to get awaken your body and break your sleep fast.
- Get in touch with water. Take a walk on the beach, put your feet in the ocean, or swim in the waves! Do something to immerse yourself in water. You will be surprised at the energetic shifts and the healing powers of water. The ocean and natural fresh stream water is obviously best, however a pool works to.
- When you choose to drink alcohol, enjoy a cup of water in between cocktails and beers.
- Flavor up your water with lemons, cucumbers, berries, etc
- Drink water at room temperature. The colder the water the more energy it takes the body to use it and affects your digestion
- Hydrate before and after meals. When you are eating, don’t chug water with your food.
- Drink when you are thirsty, and sip even when you are not